Thursday, August 13, 2009

Go Retro: Don Draper!

I'm not sure how I missed this, but it's back-to-school time. Today was the first day I'd gone to a store other than the grocery or furniture variety since the honeymoon and boy was there a lot to see! The store I chose to pop my post-Hawaii shopping cherry was Nordstrom Rack. They had a lot of Jackie O. coats and fall dresses that were pretty cute, but they were still a little out of my price range. (I shudder to think how expensive everything would've been had I gone into "real" Nordstrom.)

Since the faux retro stuff is too much, I found a dress that's actually from the 50s:


They call it a Mad Men dress, which is fun. I've never seen the show, but the guy who plays Don Draper was on TV a couple of times this week (with Conan and Regis) and he is FOXY. I don't know how he stayed under my radar for so long! If you aren't sure who I'm talking about, here's some eye candy. (SO PRETTY.)

Ahem. The dress is from FabGabs on Etsy and it can be yours for $65.

1 comment:

  1. searching for Retro Furniture Store at reasonable prices, then log on to Spacify.com.

    ReplyDelete