Monday, August 24, 2009

On the Cheap: Bookshelf

I'm feeling very ho-hum today, which doesn't make sense. The sun is shining, I'm eating Doritos, and my bangs look good--three things that greatly contribute to my happiness--but I'm just... blaaaaaaah. Maybe it's because I thought today was Tuesday until about 3 o'clock, when I was reminded by an eagle-eyed co-worker that it's actually Monday.

Anyway, my husband and I have been furniture shopping lately and we're stopping at Target after work to look at a bookshelf:


The Avington furniture line is on sale this week, and my shelf is $99, marked down from $129. If you're of the "IKEA has the cheapest furniture ever" club, suck on THIS:


The Markor bookcase is $169 (or $129 for an uber narrow version). If my wallet hadn't already spoken, I think I would've gone with the Target shelf anyway, because none of my IKEA bookshelves have ever moved well. The last one fell apart on my foot, actually, so I'm not in a hurry to go down that road again. Word on the street (sometimes called customer reviews) is that the Target shelf is sturdy, so hopefully my little piggies are safe this time.

1 comment:

  1. I really love it when you say "my husband and I." It makes me giggly and warms my little heart. P.S. Happy one month anniversary! P.S.S It's 4 months til Christmas!

    ReplyDelete