Monday, August 17, 2009

On the Cheap: Wild Thing

I'm of the belief that animal print never goes out of style. It's always around, but whether or not it's "hip" that year determines how easy it is to find. Leopard is apparently the animal of choice for '09, because in the last couple of weeks I've seen a dress, about five pairs of shoes, a necklace, and several dozen cardigans. Sadly, I haven't seen any leopard pants yet: My sister and I had matching pairs when we were in junior high (because we were COOL), and I'd like to revisit them.

If you're not that wild, this might be more your thing:

I picked this up on my way to work, actually. Forever 21 can go a little overboard on the trends, but this one works. And it's only $2.80, so even if you only wear it for a few months, it's not the end of the world. (By comparison, out growing my leopard pants WAS the end of the world, and I mourn them to this day.)

Get the headband and other, more adventurous items here.

3 comments:

  1. The leopard pants are definitely sitting in a Goodwill box in your old room right now. I could only recently bear to cut the cord and acknowledge that I would never ever wear those pants again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH. A sad day, indeed. If only they weren't several inches too short, I'd have you bring them to me...

    ReplyDelete