Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hello, Gorgeous!: The Eyes Have It

Yesterday, I saw some really hideous pictures of Elizabeth Hurley, in which she made the colorful decision to match her eyeshadow to her dress. I thought about posting it for you on here, but then I realized it was from a "real" photo source and they probably frown upon thievery, and also it was SCARY and I didn't want to do that to you. So click through if you're feeling brave. If not, just trust me when I say it was a lot of ugly.

Now. I love a good eyeshadow. It can go along way toward making one look alert and well-rested. It can also be a lot of fun on New Year's Eve, or one's birthday. But it should not match one's clothes--especially when those clothes are BLUE, Elizabeth! (It's even more appalling when you think about how expensive the stuff must've been.)

I stay moderately faithful to Cover Girl and Maybelline, but I occasionally stray when I need eyeshadow.


The Ulta brand has 96 colors to choose from, most of which are neutrals (thank god), but they also have some spunkier options for a night out:


Whatever your eyelids need, you'll find it, and you won't pay out the nose to do so. Each color is usually $7, but they're all on sale for $4. Go on and stock up. Heck, try something new! Just fight the urge to pull an Elizabeth--your future self will thank you.

2 comments:

  1. dude thats a good deal . i am not a fan of eyeshadow. i dunno why ..just never got into it...but i'll definitely pile on mascara like no tammy faye reincarnated. I dont know if you've never checked out tiffany's blog from i am style-ish but shes got this palette thats a really good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I was just in Ulta the other day getting my shop on!

    ReplyDelete