Friday, September 4, 2009

Miscellaneous: Dollar Store Deals

This is shocking, but dollar stores have had increased business in the last year. In other news, water is wet.

This upsurge means that people who don't normally shop at dollar stores are doing so now. Everything might seem like a great deal, but that's not always the case. One of my aunts sent me this article about things to watch out for when "everything is a dollar" (because sometimes they are LYING). She must have been practicing her mind reading, because I stumbled upon this baby a few days ago.


When it comes to dollar stores, I prefer Dollar Tree, where everything actually IS a buck (the monetary value, not the animal). It's great for party supplies, wrapping paper, office supplies, tin foil and plastic wrap, Tupperware, sponges, kitchen/bathroom cleaners, and anti-bacterial wipes. And snacks. Oh, and candles.

You get the idea. Are you a dollar store patron? Which one is your favorite? Are there any things you WON'T buy at the dollar store? Share with me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that you go to work later now, because then you can't entertain me while *I'm* at work. Woe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the posts from the day before while you're at work. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete