Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On the Cheap: Pamper Thyself!

Part of me wonders how quickly I'll turn into a hunchback as I age. My work chair is the least ergonomic thing ever, plus I've always been a little slouchy, so I assume it's only a matter of time before I can wear a Quasimodo costume without padding my back.

One of my aunts swears that rolling around on an exercise ball will solve all my problems, but then I tried it and pulled a muscle. So forget that.

Since then, I've wanted to try the occasional massage. Unfortunately for me, and for anyone who lives near a large city, pampering oneself is expensive. In my neck of the suburban woods, a one-hour massage is about $75 before tax and tip. SIGH.

There is a silver lining, though. Massages, like most other things, go "on sale." National chain Massage Envy is having a breast cancer research fundraiser on September 15th, during which they're slashing their one-hour massage price from $79 to $35. (If it were possible to capitalize numbers, I would have just then.) That is an AWESOME deal, AND a cause I've donated to in the past. I made my appointment about three seconds after I saw this:


Massage Envy has other promotions occasionally, like a $49 introductory massage, and I'm pretty sure this breast cancer benefit is an annual thing.

They have 810 locations. Find one here to avoid the hunchback for a good cause.

1 comment: