Monday, September 21, 2009

On the Cheap: Pump it Up

Given my vast knowledge of owl pellets, you might think I know a lot about animals in general. I've stored away a few tidbits over the years. For example, when a ferret backs into a corner, it's about to poop. Pandas can have twins. Male penguins take care of the eggs.

I also know, as most people do, that snakes have scales, and when I first saw these shoes, I was like, "WOW! I guess they killed the huge snake that regurgitated a hippo!" (Seriously, watch that video.)


But then I looked again and realized they were crocodile. Similar... yet very different.

The shoes themselves are also similar, yet very different in terms of price. On the left, we have a more subtle look from Ann Taylor for $175. And to the right, Victoria's Secret has a slightly bolder shoe that's on sale for $39.

I might not be so good about identifying animal skins on shoes, but I do know a good deal when I see one. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. According to the comments on that video, it was a tapir, not a hippo. Still insane though.

    ReplyDelete