Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Web Gem: Go Fug Yourself

I work a later shift than the usual 9-5, so I have a few hours of free time in the morning before I dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig in a mine the whole day through. I've been re-reading the Eragon books lately, so today I thought I'd watch the movie.

Worst. Idea. EVER.

I'm a big stickler about book-to-film adaptations, especially about how faithful the movie is to the original story. Eragon the movie was a COMPLETE bastardization, and I am FURIOUS on behalf of the author (who I'm sure was plenty furious, anyway, because it was BAD). Just... don't watch it. Even if you don't read the books. It was that terrible.

Anyway, I do have a point. Sometimes, one (like yours truly) could use a chuckle. An excellent place for a good belly laugh is Go Fug Yourself.


Blog-mistresses Heather and Jessica go through celebrity fashion disasters--and the occasional "well-played" look--for our amusement. Sometimes, they have interactive posts where readers decide if an outfit can be saved. It's a great procrastinating tool.

They have a HUGE reader base, so some of you might already enjoy them, but if not, head over for a tickle on your funny bone.

2 comments:

  1. Not many book-to-film adaptations stay true to the original story. From what I understand, the Harry Potter series has stayed sort of close, and The Watchmen was close, with a few inconsequential differences. But sometimes when a book undergoes changes when it's adapted for the big screen, people don't care because the movie is that good. Jurassic Park, for instance, was changed quite a bit, and nobody seemed to care because the movie was so good. I think had Eragon not flat out sucked, people wouldn't have minded as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally. If they changed it WELL, I would've been fine. And yes, HP has stayed pretty faithful. They use a lot of dialogue straight from the books, so that helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete