Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On the Cheap: Go Green

I get these emails that alert me when certain brands have items on sale. Among them is Banana Republic. I love the Banana and would shop there all the time if I could, but even on sale, things can be a little steep.


So I get the email this morning and I'm like, "Oh, that's cute!" But then I see that it's still $44.99 and my happy tune changes into, "Ehhh... Nevermind." I was a little forlorn for a while, wishing money would just fall from the sky, until I found a cheaper version at JCPenny.


They're not identical, but it's close enough. (I'd like to point out that I would never style myself like the model in the second picture. Just focus on the shirt.) This one is Worthington and its regular price--$30-- is lower than Banana's sale price. But it gets better, because it's also marked down: for $19.99.

JCPenny: 1
Banana Republic: 0

2 comments:

  1. cute prints! i have been warming up to banana's more elegant and business-casual (as opposed to safari :P) style these days, myself. but pricey, indeed.
    what do you hate about the model's styling? the earrings? necklace? flat hair? curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mainly the jewelry! I'm really not into the "modern" metal stuff without any details. And then her flat hair is second. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete