Thursday, January 7, 2010

On the Cheap: Tentacled Mayhem!

I got Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters for Christmas. If you're unfamiliar, it's along the same vein as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. If you're still confused, here's an excerpt from the back of the book: "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters expands the original text of the beloved Jane Austen novel with all-new scenes of giant lobsters, rampaging octopi, two-headed sea serpents, and other biological monstrosities."

It's awesome.

And since I started reading a few days ago, I've felt the urge to reacquaint myself with ocean life.


I know a lot of these posts end up being filled with stuff from Etsy, but that's because Etsy has a huge supply of weird. And I mean that in a good way, because where else can you find marine life gift tags? Actually, I'd better go in order: Where else can you find a fashionable whale shirt?! And for only $19? That rad octopus necklace is $14.99, the starfish earrings are only $5, and the aforementioned tags ring in at $7.

If you still can't get on board with looking at sea creatures in January, think about all the warm, sunny places that go along with them. (Although, a friend who lives in Florida tells me that it's been in the 20s and 30s at night down there, so maybe think farther south.)

By the way, has anybody else read Sea Monsters, or P&P and Zombies? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Of course I have! P&P&Z is absolutely awesome! (Read it last summer on my trip to someone's wedding.) S&S&S...Perhaps I'm just not as familiar with S&S, or that it's got more original stuff, or I'm just too busy to sit down and read it straight through. I'm not enjoying it as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said friend thinks that you should come down in like March to get more info on the ocean life down here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueweeeezl: yeah, I wasn't as familiar with S&S&S either, so if I'm enjoying this one so much, I'm excited to see what happens when I start P&P&Z. Brains might explode.

    ReplyDelete