Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gift Guide: Birthday Boy

I forgot to mention this on Monday, but my husband shaved off that terrible facial hair. Whew! Crisis averted.

His birthday is in a week, and like all men, he's hard to shop for. I touched on this a little during the holidays, but having a gift guide for men during the year might be smart, too. So, if you know a boy/man/dude who needs a present, here ya go:


Everything is from Etsy (gasp!). First we have a Chicago album cover-turned notebook for $9.99. Next are the choose-your-location cufflinks made from vintage maps. Those will set you back $36. Going over to the tie tack, it's made from a vintage typewriter key and is also personalized--unless he's into wearing random initials, of course. It's $12. Finally, that may LOOK like the original Super Mario Bros., but it's actually an external hard drive. It's a bit of a splurge, but maybe your dude behaved himself this year (and didn't try to grow a beard) so you're down with spending $159.99 on him.

Just curious, where you do find most of your man-friendly gifts?

3 comments:

  1. For my hubby I tend to shop at the hardware stores...Home Depot's tool section is to men what a department store's jewelry section is to women. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Almost Precious. When hubby drags me into Home Depot, my head starts to spin like his does when I drag him to Michael's. Also, Target is good for men of all ages (read: dad, hubby, son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it weird that I really like hardware stores? I get excited when we have to go to Menard's, though I think it's mostly for the paint samples and lighting sections.

    ReplyDelete