Monday, February 8, 2010

On the Cheap: Day Dress

It's College Week on Jeopardy again, and I think there are some gaps in my education. Granted, I chose to spend my time in broadcasting and journalism, but still. I feel like I should've known more about "general science" than I did. (HOWEVER, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader has shown me that, yes, I am, so maybe there's still some hope for me.)

Perhaps I should've majored in something more practical, but at least I know enough to find you a bargain! I was browing the party dresses at Nordstrom when I stumbled upon this little gem:


Beautiful color, flattering cut, versatile styling... but it's $308. (The fact that it's three-oh-eight cracks me up. Do the extra few bucks really make a difference at this point?) Either way, it's too pricey for me. This one, on the other hand, is much more reasonable:


It's the same thing in a different color for a third of the price! Modcloth are the proud parents of this baby, and they're kind enough to sell her for $99.99. I'm really coveting a day dress like this. It would be perfect for work, or running errands, or a date with Hubsey, or eating a very fashionable lunch...

Are you a dress gal?

2 comments:

  1. oh, honey, i don't know, $308 is RIDICULOUS but i don't think i'd pay $100 for the other without the lovely satin and color. cute shape, yes. i guess i just don't do brown. stupid expensive cute stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's borderline. I actually enjoy that it's cotton because it'd be WAY easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete