Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gift Guide: Your 9-Year-Old Cousin

I have a cousin. Well, I have more than one, but this particular cousin has a birthday coming up in May. She's going to be nine and I have to be honest, I don't spend a lot of time with kids that age. I was kind of thinking about the stuff I liked back then and put together a trail map of sorts for the next third grader birthday in your life:


I was 9 or 10 when I got my room redecorated. Even if you don't want to do some big overhaul, putting a chic accessory in there can't hurt. Fancy-framed chalkboard: $15.

Third grade was also the age when I decided I needed to be "cool," and I started rejecting clothing that didn't help my cause.


Instant street cred: $24.

Finally, a good book goes a long way.


I can't remember if I actually read this when I was a kid or just flipped through it when I was older, but it's awesome. The style is fun and doodle-y, so it'll appeal to kids who may not dig reading, but there's enough content to satisfy to those who do. Amelia's Notebook: $9.95.

Do you have any go-to gift items for a kid?

3 comments:

  1. sadly, nobody has commented on this post with some ideas, because I'm in the same boat as you, baby! I am liking that t-shirt. Think she'd wear it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most def. Hurry up and buy it so you'll have it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'd totally wear it!

    ReplyDelete