Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On the Cheap: You're making me blush...

The other day, I saw some cute new stuff at Express. Well, I guess "at" is the wrong word because it was definitely the website, but either way, I checked out the goods. They're doing a dramatic blush and black color combination for spring. One dress was especially nice: it was all blush, strapless, and with a gently flowing skirt. It also looked kind of short, which isn't gonna work for somebody who's 5'9" because that's when all of your crotchery business gets out of control.

So what's a girl to do?!

Not buy it, that's what. There are oodles of other blush-y things to be had right now that won't get me arrested for indecent exposure.


Starting top left, the blush-n-black vintage dress is $84, the rose earrings are $15.50, the quartz necklace is $25, and the pink clutch chimes in at $42.

(And can I just say that some peoples' interpretation of a color is hilarious? Like this, this, and THESE are all considered "blush.")

So how do you feel about this color? Do you wear it? Does it (sadly) wash you out so people think you're suffering from a very tragic, yet glamorous plague? Share with me.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color. I *think* it works okay on me since I am so fair skinned that it's enough of a contrast and helps pick out the rosy tones in my complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I can't wear this color. It makes me look anemic, plus it's kinda like a washed-out orange, and I think the color orange should be banned, except for pumpkins and sweet potatoes and in-custody inmates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love the dress and the clutch! Blush is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete