Monday, April 19, 2010

Wedding$: Assorted Accessories

I've mentioned before how I occasionally mis-read things. Today's example is from Etsy. I have a case of the Mondays, so I was looking at sparkly wedding stuff until the urge to be productive kicked in. I came across a be-dazzled... something... with the word "bridesmaid" on it. But I thought it said "bridezilla," and I was like, "Why would you want to brag about that?" (And then I had another incident where I thought "leftovers" was "lolcats.")

So my brain is clearly not awake yet. Thankfully, I can still recognize pretty accessories in my impaired state.


The coolest hairpins I've seen in a long time are $35 (and I think I'd just wear them around, forget being a bride), the rhinestone clasp clutch is $22.99, the flower clutch is $48, and the paper boutonniere is $9.50. I'm especially on board with the boutonniere because my husband still has his from our wedding, except we used real flowers so it's all dried up and gross. Too bad I didn't find this first.

When I was getting stuff for the wedding, I had a hard time paying for it unless I knew it was something I could a) keep forever, or b) use again. Are you the same way? What have you/will you re-use from the big day?

2 comments:

  1. i'd definitely wear the hairpins, bride or no bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You doing wedding things without me is just a sin. And I can't say that I'm not a little hurt.

    ReplyDelete