Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holi-Daze: A Charlie Brown Christmas... Tree

Everybody's seen Charlie Brown's forlorn Christmas tree.  In fact, you can buy one for yourself if you feel so inclined.  We here at Casa Ronchetti don't need to worry about getting one, though, because our tree is already pretty sad.  Let's take a gander:


Gaps galore!  It also leans from the center... yay.  It'll be replaced next year.

But on the bright side, I'm really digging the rest of our Christmas decor!



I got the sparkly berry tree at Target last year at the end of December.  It was around $7.  (AND none of that glitter ever falls off!  It's a holiday miracle!)



The we have more sparkles on the red candles.  They, along with the green plate, are from the Crate & Barrel outlet--interestingly, purchased a couple of summers ago.  The pine cones were $2.50 at Target this year; I'm pretty sure they're still in the dollar spot if you want some for yourself.


And this is the gourd that will never go bad.  I bought it in October for $.69 at Trader Joe's, and it still shows no signs of age.  So even though it doesn't go with any of the other decs, I'm keeping it out as an experiment. (When will it shrivel?!)  I stuck more of the Target pine cones over there, and got another mini tree--though a very different one--from the Container Store for $2.99.

How much do you decorate for the holidays?  What's your favorite item?  Does your tree threaten to tip itself over, too?  Let's chat.

6 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely - and I like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree - they have character!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year when I put my tree up (fake, in three pieces) I ALWAYS put the wrong pieces in the wrong slot and my hub has to muscle it out so we can connect it right! Haha! Im loving your decor, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if my tree will lean over this year, I guess it all depends on how my youngest daughter treats it. My oldest daughter once got a gourd like yours and it lasted three years in her bedroom before I got so tired of it that I threw it out, please don't tell her.
    Thanks for sharing at Holly bloggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three years?! That's one mutant gourd! I think if this one lasts into January I'm going to paint it and make it an official part of the room...

    ReplyDelete