Guess what didn't go off this morning? A thundeclap just happened to wake me up at 5:48. Thanks, Apple!
On the bright side, I learned how to get myself ready for work in 18 minutes. And I don't mean that I put on sweatpants and a baseball cap, I mean that I'm presentable for a real office job. So here's what you do:
1. Swear and throw your phone down. It betrayed you.
2. Stumble through the darkness to that pile of clean work clothes you still haven't put away. It's closer than your closet, so you're already saving a few seconds.
3. Head to the bathroom for a hair check. There's no time for a shower, but there's always time for dry shampoo. This one is my favorite.
4. Concealer, blush, mascara.
|Mineral makeup is fast. Thank god.|
5. Forget that you dropped your phone on the floor and spend 3 minutes looking for it.
6. In your haste to find a pair of earrings, knock your engagement ring behind the dresser.
But seriously. There are some things that helped me. I sort my closet by color, and even though my jeans were from a pile on the bed, my shirt was hanging next to my other grey work shirts and I knew which one to grab. I also shelled out $4 for dry shampoo last year, which was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Finally, I knew what areas of my face needed makeup most (my eyes) and I skipped everything else.
Do you have any tips for getting ready fast? When has your alarm clock failed you? Or maybe you always set a second one so this doesn't happen?