Hubsey is going through a new decorating phase. First his modern heart developed a soft spot for shabby chic furniture, then he started drooling over baskets--actually, this one is still happening--and now it's...
Animal heads. I should specify, FAKE animal heads. Thankfully he's not into real taxidermy.
I don't get it! He's not a hunter, he's never outside... and yet he's turning up the charm so I'll let him mount a fake animal bust in the kitchen. (It will not work.) Actually, there's a nook in the family room where an animal head would be okay, but I can't have a decapitated moose leering at me while I chop onions. No.
1. This rhino is what started his obsession. We saw it at Anthro a few months ago and he was smitten. $68.
2. West Elm has two sizes of papier-mache deer friends, $41 to $84.
3. Ramsey the Ram is my favorite but sadly the Z Gallerie near us closed, $49.95.
4. I'm almost afraid to post this one, because now he'll want a turquoise moose. Etsy, $130.
5. Rafi the Giraffe-y (I really need to stop naming random things...) is my other best option, $129.95.
Does your significant other have any decorating quirks? Are you/they into fake animal heads? Or perhaps little taxidermied animals wearing outfits? That link contains some NSFW language, btw, but it's hilarious.