Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. I know I sound like a cranky old fart when I say that but let me break it down: I think Valentine's Day is kind of unnecessary. There's already your anniversary to celebrate luuuuuurve and birthdays to celebrate individual people. So I'm not sure what's up with this... other one.
That being said, I do appreciate all of the hilarious cards floating around this year. If I were the Valentine-sending type, I'd go the funny route. Here's a handful of ideas from Etsy if you still need to get your card on, because Etsy sellers really do have the funniest ones:
1. You Are Not Bad -- I cannot. stop. laughing. On a holiday when you're supposed to be all schmoopy, busting this out instead is awesome. It works for non-traditional Valentine's Day, but you could also give it out for birthdays, Christmas, a graduation... If you know me in real life, watch out.
2. Back That Ass Up -- I'm no scientist but I always appreciate it when people use the periodic table to make words. Especially rap words.
3. Cute Butt -- I ended up winning this one, but I had already decided that I was going to purchase it even if I didn't. Instead of calling each other normal things like Honey or Darling, we say Cute Butt. Not, "you have a cute butt" but literally, "Hey, Cute Butt, can you take out the garbage?"
4. As Weird As Me -- Hubsey might be better at hiding his weirdness than I am (mine is a badge of honor), but it's there. Plus, poop!
5. You Are Super Easy -- It actually unfolds to say "You are so lovely and sweet. It's super easy to love and respect you." But I like the front better.
Are you getting a card for anybody this Valentine's Day? Is it funny? Which of these is your favorite? Anybody else not super into the holiday?